Friday, July 30, 2010

Travel!

I love to travel. I enjoy the destination, too...but it's the travel itself that gets me excited.
  Airports, and planes are full of people. I watch. I listen. I observe. Characters will come from the things I see, but I won't try to cut and paste from reality to fiction. Not only would that be rude, I don't think it would work. It wouldn't work for me, anyway. Half paying attention, half not...ideas will form and grow to life.
   When the wheels touch down at our destination, this time, I'll be in a city I've never visited before. That's exciting. If all goes as planned--yes, I've traveled enough to know it isn't going to go as planned--I will be left to my own devices in the city-to-which-I've-never-been-before for hours at a time. I don't know what I'll see, and haven't much of an idea of what I'll do, or who I'll meet. I don't really care.
   ...What I care about are the bits and pieces that will somehow make their way into Sexton.

No comments: