Saturday, July 24, 2010

Coffee in one hand, red pen in the other

Up late last night. Woke up at 5:36 AM, too excited to sleep. While the coffee trickled into the pot, I looked out my window at the minuet of sunrise. I wrote Sexton Spice two years ago, and now I'm putting the polishing touches on it.

I love writing more than proofreading or revision. I don't know, but that's probably not unusual. Still... This is fun! Bits and pieces of the story seem fresh and new. I can almost hear their voices when the characters talk to each other.

As far as I'm concerned, this is going to be a great day. I hope you have a great day too. Whether it's great or not is almost entirely in your hands.

Back to Sexton for me!

1 comment:

Jeffrey Miller said...

Now this is what I am talking about; I love these kinds of blog posts from you and they are also a good way to let people know who you are and what really rocks is when you share your writing anecdotes.

I really liked the one you posted yesterday about Clive Cussler. If you can add some labels, tags, or categories, be sure to include his name in them. That way when someone does a search for his books they might end up here.

It is cool how Ad Sense works--the ads for this post are Gevalia Coffee and Pens.

Share more tips as well as your experience of uploading a book to Amazon. People love to hear this kind of stuff.

Have a great day my friend.