Monday, September 19, 2011

If you need a speaker who knows Wernickes from having it...

I'm willing to talk to people, or groups, about my experience with Wernickes and Korsakoffs. I'd like to bring hope to some folks, and maybe get a chance to thank health care workers.

I'm not looking to make money in speaker's fees, and would probably turn them down if offered. I'll gladly speak for free. The only problem I would have is that I don't have a travel budget. If you'd like me to speak to your group, please let me know. If you can get me there and provide a place to stay and meals (if needed), I'll come if I can. I'm not asking for anything in return, just a break-even deal for me. You can contact me via email: wernickesurvivor@gmail.com

I wrote a book (links are on this page) called Green Goblin, which is my narrative of the time I spent in the hospital with Wernicke Encephalopathy, and Blackout: A Look Inside Wernickes", which includes the full text of Green Goblin, and more on the healing/recovery process I went through.

I would like to see more done to prevent the disease, and more done to help sufferers get back on their feet.

No comments: