Monday, September 12, 2011

Blackout: A Look Inside Wernickes -- A new book, by a survivor

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/blackout-a-look-inside-wernickes/16965121

This book was hard for me to write, but I felt it had to be done. I can't find any other survivor's accounts of Wernicke-Korsakoff. I wrote "Green Goblin" as a stand-alone book, describing what it felt like to be in the hospital with Wernickes, and touching a little on what came after.
This book contains the full text of Green Goblin, as well as the long journey I went through before being diagnosed with Korsakoffs. It is my hope that someone (or a lot of someones) will benefit from this book. Recovery is possible--not easy or common, but possible--from Wernickes. It is possible for someone with Korsakoffs to manage the illness and go back to normal life. I don't have answers as to how that can happen, but I can show that it did happen in my case.

The link takes you to the paperback version. It's also available as a hardcover, and soon will be a Nook book at Barnes and Noble, and a Kindle book at Amazon.

No comments: