Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The first 3 Sexton Chronies in one BIG book...coming soon

It probably won't surprise you that I've been a big fan of the Lord of the Rings since I was in fourth grade and I read The Hobbit. In fifth grade I read Fellowship of the Ring. And read the others soon after.
   I was fascinated by the Big RED Book... The book that held all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy in one cover. It was hardcover, it was thick, it was...placed high on the bookshelves at Walden Books. I touched a copy once, reverently. It was out of my price range at the time. Never did buy a copy.

  Lately, though, I've wanted to make my own version of that Big Red Book. With Lulu.com, there was nothing stopping me. Lulu can make hardcover books up to 800 pages. Sexton, Sexton Spice, and Storm Clouds Over Sexton, with some tinkering on my part, come in at 798 pages. By tinkering I mean I had to reduce the size of the chapter numbers, and I had to make the book 8.5" x 11". I did not cut anything from the books. The text is the same as it is when the books are purchased individually.

   I'll have it available for purchase in a couple of days and will post the link here. It's going to be expensive. I haven't gotten to the price-setting portion of uploading the book yet, but it'll probably be $50-60. As I've mentioned before, I have dialup internet at home (it's free), and it takes me a while to upload files to Lulu. It took almost 2 hours to upload the contents of this book. The file is just under 5 megabytes...and it's all text.

   I'm excited. Soon I'll have my version of the Big Red Book in my hands. I'm going to design the cover tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that, too.

No comments: