Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thoughts about this new year

Some people like to make new year's resolutions. I'm not one of them. Resolution is a strong word. It's something that someone resolves. I like goals. I've lived with goals most of my life, and I'm happy to say I've achieved many of them over the course of the years.

I haven't decided what my personal goals are for 2012, and I think that's okay. The year isn't very old yet. It's just begun. I can tell you my personal goals include finishing Sexton Retribution and publishing it. One goal is to write at least the first novel in a new series.

That new series will be about an American by the name of Nick Galizzi. If you've read Sexton Sand, you know who Nick is. He's an American, and he's a wizard. The new series will be fantasy, but it'll be set in this world. Nick can move around in time in ways most men can't, and I think he's going to have dealings with the most prolific serial killer in the history of this country, and evil man by the name of Herman Mudget who used the alias H. H. Holmes.

I also intend to do more to try to increase awareness of Wernicke-Korsakoff disease. The more I learn about it, the more I believe that recovery is possible. It's not easy to recover from that one, but it can be done. Read Green Goblin or Blackout: a Look Inside Wernickes (linked on this page) to find out more about that.

I'm sure other things to do and try will come up during this new year. I don't know what they are yet, of course, but I'm comfortable in my ability to face them without hiding under the bed too much.

Happy new year, my friends!

No comments: